Reporter.bz – Belize News

 Breaking News
  • Murder at Pier One Night Club REPORTER:  Marion Ali, -  2.30pm A man was murdered at Pier One night club on Newtown Barracks in Belize City last night. The incident happened sometime around 11:45pm while Police Constable...
  • WEEKEND NEWS BYTES THE REPORTER: News Staff, -  6.00am Monday Dec. 10th. Man’s Hand Chopped Off in Machete Altercation A man’s hand was chopped off by one of three men while he was...
  • Pilot Reported Missing Two Months After He Reportedly Crashed and Died THE REPORTER: Marion Ali, -   Two months after he was last seen alive, the wife of San Pedro pilot, Jose Milo Paz has reported him missing. Ermijines Paz reported today...
  • TWO WOMEN SHOT IN SANTA ELENA, 1 DIED, 1 CRITICAL THE REPORTER: News Staff, -   A woman is dead and another is in a critical condition following a shooting last night in Santa Elena Town, Cayo. The Reporter has confirmed...
  • MAN CHARGED FOR Dec. 3rd. MURDER OF ‘TAZ’ THE REPORTER: News Staff, -   Police have charged one man for the murder of Arthur ‘Taz’ Flowers on December 3rd. 2018. Kentroy McKoy, 20, who was previously connected to Pink’s...

THREE MORE SWINE FLU CASES CONFIRMED

THREE MORE SWINE FLU CASES CONFIRMED
August 17
13:06 2018

The Ministry of Health has confirmed three more cases of the H1N1 strain of influenza (Swine Flu), but says that there is currently no cause for alarm because the number of cases is still relatively low.

Director of Health Services Dr. Marvin Manzanero explained that the new cases came from the Belize district, bringing the total amount of confirmed cases from that district up to five.

Manzanero explained that the ministry compares the number of detected cases against the amount recorded in years prior to determine whether or not any sickness is becoming a rising public health concern.

“We do that on a monthly basis, in some areas on a daily basis but I think we are not seeing any spike,” Manzanero said.

He noted that the total eight cases are only those that have been reported, and that the Ministry expects that there are more cases left to be discovered. The MOH is on a sustained campaign of prevention, encouraging members of the public to adhere to proper hand washing and covering of sneezes to keep the virus from spreading.

The ministry confirmed the first cases on July 27, which included two males who have recent travel history to Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, and a pregnant female who resides in Chetumal, Quintana Roo, Mexico.

LINKED NEWS ARTICLE

search bar

FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS – PREMIUM POSTS

THE MADE IN BELIZE SHOW

LATEST SPORTS NEWS PHOTOS & VIDEOS

ADVERTISEMENT

FITNESS