Reporter.bz – Belize News

 Breaking News
  • U.B Student Reported Missing By His Family Monday, March 25th. 2019 Family members of UB student Kevin Frutos, 26, are extremely concerned and are asking the public’s assistance in locating him. Frutos was reportedly last seen on...
  • Husband and Wife Perish in Traffic Fatality Sunday, March 24th. - By Marion Ali - Two people died in a traffic accident yesterday evening in Spanish Lookout. The Reporter has received confirmation that at around 6:00 pm,...
  • Several Fatal Road Accidents in Rural Areas Reported Sunday, March 24th. -By Marion Ali- There have been two fatal traffic accidents since Friday night, both of which occurred in rural areas. The most recent incident occurred last night...
  • Thieves Target Caribbean Tires in OW Friday, March 22nd. - By Marion Ali - Thieves have reportedly targeted Caribbean Tires Wholesale office in Orange Walk Town. The Accountant of the company, Rosita Wade, reported to Police...
  • Asian Businessman Robbed at Business Friday, March 22nd. 2019 - By Marion Ali - An Asian businessman was robbed at gunpoint last night at his store on Baymen Avenue in Belize City. Terrence Tang, 27,...
  • 2 Persons Shot In San Pedro, Both Died Shortly After Thursday, March 21st. 2019 Violence has erupted again on San Pedro, the midday shooting has left a known gang member dead. The Reporter has gotten multiple reports that two persons...

Toddler Badly Burned After Outlet Ignites

Toddler Badly Burned After Outlet Ignites
March 01
17:30 2019

An electrical fire in Punta Gorda Town on Tuesday evening has left 18 month-old Vela Usher clinging to life and has her family racing against all odds to quickly transport her out of the country to get much-needed treatment for burn injuries she sustained to 60% of her body.

The toddler is listed in a critical condition and family members say that the child is scheduled to be flown out to Shriners Hospital for Children in Galveston, Texas by Thursday evening.

The toddler was rushed to the Punta Gorda Community Hospital with severe burn injuries to her body around 5:30 p.m. on February 26th by her mother, Aaronie Gamboa, 25.

Gamboa told the Reporter that contrary to reports which stated that a burning curtain had fallen on top of her baby, the toddler was playing along with an older sibling on a sponge when it caught fire.

Gamboa clarified that the fire originated from an electrical outlet and spread to the nearby sponge and resulted in her baby getting burnt.

The mother claimed that she was not inside the room when the fire started but had left her two children to play while she went into the kitchen to do her chores. She said that after a couple of minutes she heard screaming coming from inside the room and when she ran to check she found her baby already on fire.

The young mother recounted that she quickly snatched up the toddler and ran out of the house and to a neighbor’s yard where she sought assistance.

The other child did not receive any burn injuries and baby Vela was transported to the Southern Regional Hospital and then on to the KHMH for emergency medical care.

The Reporter was informed that the Burn Victim Mercy Fund is working along with the family to get the toddler and her mother out of the country as quickly as possible.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

MORE BREAKING NEWS MORE TOP STORIES

search bar

Sunbright Ad

CLASSIFIEDS – PREMIUM POSTS

THE MADE IN BELIZE SHOW

LATEST SPORTS NEWS – Gallery

FITNESS & HEALTHY LIVING

Mi Wah Panades